Well I did make it to the shop early this morning and I did get the brakecable routing done but I never made it back out this afternoon.
The plan was to drill out a small piece of stainless rod to make a tube to run the rear brake cable thru the seat mast.
Dave and I talked about the option of being able to run v-brakes as well as cantis. This would necessitate the need for an extra housing stop on the toptube near the seatpost. It wasn't my first choice but it wasn't so bad either.
Literally as I was walking out the door to the shop this morning I had a brainstorm.
I had some internal tube stops I had made for another bike and then not used. I took one and bent it in the press (it actually took two, I bent the first one in the wrong spot). Once it was bent I cleaned the rear hole up a little with a drill and then laid the holes out in the mast. It takes a little futzing around to get it fished thru but once its in it is pretty simple to braze in and clean up.
For canti's just the cable will run thru from a stop near the headtube but in the event that mini-v's are used, a piece of housing can be inserted and run to the noodle.
either way will be clean looking, I'm happy with the outcome.
Thats probabally it for this week, I'm off to Bend in the morning for two days of cyclocross halloween style.